June has been a great month for MPD! Thanks to a number of people jumping on board who I connected with back in March and April I’m now 46% funded (piktochart). I’m so encouraged with the progress. Among my early backers here are some of the champions God is sending me:
- a couple whose wedding I got to perform a number of years back
- three people who Cheryl and I used to be in a CCC Journey Group with
- two former IVCF staff who led and supervised me years ago!
- two couples I’ve led Christianity Explored groups with
- a high-school friend living on the west coast
- a leader in my evangelism ministry back at Christ Community
- a couple of my family members who were former IV supporters 10 years ago
- couples who were students of mine from the 90s!
- swell friends from our old hometown of Normal, Illinois
- former and current CCC staff who want to bless us to get a good start with GFM
- two couples, all four are university professors and instructors
As this list grows, I’m excited to think about the team of people behind what I’m being called to. Out of love for the Perrys, out of love for IV or love for the university, people are giving to my work. I’m amazed that I get to be an intermediary between God’s people and such a strategic mission field. If you are reading this and you are one of those on my list, I’m so grateful for you helping me move from where I started in March, toward being fully resourced and ready to go. Thank you so much.
(text at the bottom of the chart):
When I first applied for InterVarsity staff last August, the application process required me to submit an initial prospect list of 100 giving units – individuals, couples, families or churches. My MPD coach (Ministry Partner Development) urged me to expand my list and prioritize it. I plunged into contact work starting the second week of March.
As of today (June 30th) after 40 asks I’ve been able to raise $44,517. 19 giving partners have sent donations and or pledged monthly amounts. Another 17 are in process – looking at their budget to see how they can help. The strategy is to find a combination of monthly sustaining gifts as well as larger annual or one time donations.
I’ve been extremely encouraged with the response. Progress is being made toward full budget at about 10% per month! Thank you so much for your incredible partnership. InterVarsity will allow me to begin using funds for salary when I’m at 70%. Pray for me to keep making progress – my hope is to be at 70% by October and at full budget by year’s end! Stay tuned via perryboilerroom.com on WordPress!